Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Power of Prayer

Sometimes there are things that I just can't bring myself to pray for.  I feel they are worthy of God's attention but I feel that they are just to hard.  Some things are just impossible. 


im·pos·si·ble
1. not possible; unable to be, exist, happen, etc.
2.unable to be done, performed, effected, etc.: an impossible assignment.
 
If something is impossible what is the point of praying for it.  The situation can't change.  It has already been written in stone.  Some situations are just like that.
 
But then I remember:
 
 
If nothing will be impossible with God why wouldn't I pray?  I really don't know.  I guess I am always trying to limit the Lord to Earthly constraints.  Because I can't do it, God can't do it.  
Really!?!  I think God can do a little more than I give him credit for.
 
Today he (God) showed me once again how wrong I was.  
There was a situation involving one of my students that was going very badly.  It was upsetting me greatly but I just couldn't see how it could be fixed or resolve itself.  No matter what point of view I looked at it from, it just didn't seem possible.  I didn't see a point in praying for the situation because there was no possible way for it to work out anyway.
On my way into work this morning I said a decade of the rosary because I finall remembered that nothing is impossible with God (but I really didn't see what he could do anyway.)
Then as the day began one person after another kept telling me things that I thought were impossible regarding this situation.  Now its not looking so impossible after all.  
Just another reminder of the power of prayer.
 
 Even though it is hard to understand (because we know what the word impossible means), we need to remember that God is more powerful then even the impossible.     
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment