Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A Future of Hope

For I know well the plans I have in mind for you plans for your welfare and not for woe, so as to give you a future of hope.- Jeremiah 29:11

I have found this to be one of the most uplifting line in the bible.  I am a worrier.  I worry about everything.  I even worry about worrying (I am sure that I am doing it to much).  We are always told not to worry because God has a plan for us.  Great, don't worry He has a plan, but what if its a bad plan?  What if it is a plan that you will hate?  What if it is a plan that will make you miserable?  All plans are not created equal.  Well this gives me something else to worry about.

But we are reassured once again.  It is not a plan for woe is a plan for hope.  We don't need to worry, its a good plan.  A plan that will bring us to a future of hope.  Our creator knows what will make us happy and he has a plan to take us there.  His plan goes beyond our plans for dinner or even our life plan his plan is concerned with our eternal happiness and joy.  We can rest assured that he has our backs and will bring us to eternal joy with him if we allow him to.

No comments:

Post a Comment